Day 6 – Power of Goal + Outcomes
Welcome to Day 6 of “The Power of Success” Online Coaching Program.
WOO HOO – you are looking good! Now you are absolutely certain with your renewed self-belief it’s time to discover what you truly want.
How did you go yesterday? Did you notice?
1. You started seeing yourself differently
2. Your Champion self is really good looking and attractive
3. You have trusted your Champion self and gut instinct
How is your movie viewing with creating your gold medal performance now after 14 days?
Good work and now it’s time to launch into the Automatic Champion Dream-setting machine in each of us. There’s a bit to get through this week but I don’t have the usual questions at the end, simply the way in which you can set goals that will lead you to take action, to create the outcomes you want.
The Power of GOALS & OUTCOMES – How to set goals, emotionally connect with them and track your progress.
Having goals shows you which way to kick the ball – it doesn’t mean the goal post stay still!
The Outcome for Setting Goals
You may have heard about the importance of goals and what we will focus on this week, some of you may say, “that’s familiar “or “I already tried that before.”
As we know if nothing changes, nothing changes. The crucial factor, as we have been focusing on throughout this entire program, is to learn a whole new way of thinking about what it is you really want in your life and how to achieve it.
The outcome today is to be totally clear more than ever about what it is you want, why you are prepared to do whatever it takes and how to program your Unconscious Mind, the Automatic Champion Dream-setting Success machine easily.
Have you ever asked yourself:
- Why do some who set goals; hit some, miss plenty and never know why?
- Why do we set goals all fired up and our passion fizzles out when we were so close to achieving what we wanted
- Why by February each year, 65% who set New Year’s Resolutions have quit and by the end of the year only 5% make it to achieving what the goal?
The three vital things you need to create your Champion world to live the life you love:
- Your Dream – a clear & committed vision
- Your Motivation – your drive to do whatever it takes
- Your Goals – the stepping stones on your journey to the final destination
The purpose of life is a life of purpose. Robert Byrne
The process of setting goals allows you to choose where you want to go in life. By knowing precisely what you want to achieve, you know what you have to concentrate on and improve with raised awareness of those distractions. Goal setting gives you long-term vision and short-term motivation.
By setting sharp, clearly defined goals, you can measure and be proud in the achievement of those goals. You can see forward progress in what might previously have seemed monotonous and exhausting.
By setting goals you can:
- Achieve more
- Improve performance
- Increase your motivation to achieve
- Increase your pride and satisfaction in your achievements
- Improve your self-confidence
- Plan to eliminate attitudes that hold you back and cause unhappiness
Research (Damon Burton, 1983) has shown that people who use goal-setting effectively:
- Suffer less from stress and anxiety
- Concentrate better
- Show more self-confidence
- Perform better
- Are happier and more satisfied in both their personal and professional lives
What would you dream if you knew you couldn’t fail?
Allow yourself to dream. Imagine your desires. If you considered the above question, pondering all possibilities, CONGRATULATIONS because all Champions, Olympians, Entrepreneurs and successful people alike worldwide do “just that”.
And “just that” has been referred to as day-dreaming, brain storming, visualisation, hypnosis, trance and strategic planning.
Why do we need a goal?
When your mind has a target, it can focus and direct itself until it reaches the destination. Goals support your purpose giving you direction in life.
The best way to predict the future …..is to create it!
How do we attract what we want?
The key to goal setting in attracting what we want is located in the brain stem of your brain called the Reticular Activating System (RAS). This is your ‘GPS’ which drives your nervous system to produce the behaviour into “action” to achieve the goal. The RAS is faster than a Ferrari and possesses more style than a Jaguar. It is custom built to attract what is important, what is needed and what is wanted.
So if people spend more time choosing a motor vehicle than choosing a partner, choosing the ‘favourite’ in a horse race and planning a holiday than their life. If people leave things to chance and just wander through life then it makes sense why people are not fulfilled, not successful and left wandering helplessly throughout life and wondering why?
If you fail to plan….you plan to fail.
Play it 100% with me right now will you? Just imagine…..Think of something you want and just imagine what it would be like to have it. How would you achieve it?
Remember: The fundamental message; Every human being is engineered for success! Every human being has access to the Champion power greater than himself or herself.
This week take your time with it. Write as much detail as you want. There is no wrong or right so ‘getting it right’ will happen one day at a time. Find a quiet place where you can spend the time as the more relaxed you are the more your mind will open up to all the possibilities.
7 Taylor-Made Steps to Create Success programming
Your Automatic CHAMPION Dream-Setting Machine
Step One: Core Values
Defining what is the most important to you in your Champion world.
To get in touch with your core values, Dr James Loehr, wrote in his book, The Power of Full Engagement the following questions:
- Jump ahead to the end of your life. What are the three most important lessons you have learned and why are they so critical?
- Think of someone you deeply respect. Describe three qualities in this person you most admire.
- Who are you at your best?
- What one-sentence inscription would you like to see on your tombstone that would capture who you really were in your life?
Based on your answers now check off the top five (5) that you will not go without in your life.
Step Two: My Perfect Life
Knowing what is important to you, now you are ready to make a list of everything, all the possibilities for your future. You do this by utilising your imagination.
So what could you HAVE, what could you DO or what could you BE in the future if you would only take the time to imagine it first? Write it all down. The key is to stimulate the imagination as this increases your motivation and inspiration. Build a list of 100 or more dreams across the three areas of HAVE, DO and BE. Next to each one work your way through the list put a time alongside that you believe it will take to achieve them.
“What you can conceive in your mind and believe in,
you can actually achieve.” Napoleon Hill,Think & Grow Rich
Step Three: In My Wildest Dreams
Now some may have held back in step 2, because of doubt, uncertainty and your limiting beliefs. Remember; there is no wrong or right way, this is normal. So if you held back in step 2, now is the time to write those dreams you thought were ‘yeah right, in my wildest dreams’.
(1) Make a list of all of those now and you never know, one day they may not be so wild after all. As you reach your goals and achieve your dreams these over the wild ones will become within your reach sooner than you think right now.
As you write your ‘In My Wildest’ Dreams list consider the following questions:
- What do you love to do so much?
- What do you really feel passionate about?
- What would you choose to do if you had unlimited resources?
(2) As you answer these questions your life purpose will become clearer as you contemplate your wildest dreams.
Now ask yourself: What did you dream about as a child? What would you do if you knew you would only succeed?
(3) Consider the areas of your life: Self – personal growth & development, Career, Family, Relationships, Health & Fitness, Finances, and Spirituality.
- What skills do you want to master?
- What do you really like to learn?
- What character do you wish to develop?
- What would you really like to learn?
Step Four: Specifics of Setting Goals
Five essential questions before you set any goal by Zig Ziglar, as written in
‘The Goals Program’:
- Is this really my goal?
- Is it morally right and fair to everyone concerned?
- Will reaching this goal take me closer to or further from my major objectives in life?
- Can I emotionally commit myself to this goal?
- Is there any negativity in this goal?
Step Five: My Champion Dream
Focus on what you do want, not on what you don’t want to create.
I know you know what you don’t want and some of you focus on this.
Because this negativity is your focus the results will be reinforced your mind and will create that internal representation. So concentrate now on what you do want and you will program your RAS, your GPS to attract it with 100% certainty and clarity.
Step Six: Setting Stepping Stones – Goals on your Timeline
We need to know when we are on track. So a list of what we are aiming for in sequence will lead you to your Champion Dream.
Working back from the date that you have set when you will achieve your Champion Dream, write down steps that need to happen to support your ultimate Dream. These are your short term goals, the stepping stones on your journey that will let you know you are on track.
Make a list of 7 short-term goals and a date = your timeline, that will let you know you are right on track. Imagine each goal vividly – see what you will see, hear what you will hear, and feel how good you will feel as you achieve each of these short term goals, always looking through your own eyes as if it is happening right now.
Step Seven: ‘Thinking the goal through’
When you are thinking about how to achieve goals, asking the following questions can help you to focus on the sub-goals that lead to their achievement and out of your comfort zone:
- What skills do I need to achieve this?
- What information and knowledge do I need?
- What help, assistance, or collaboration do I need?
- What resources do I need?
- What can block progress?
- Am I making any assumptions?
- Is there a better way of doing things?
Final pep talk from Coach Shelley:
These are the 7 Taylor-Made Steps to Create Your Automatic CHAMPION Dream-Setting Machine – build your Power of Success!
So begin now, commit now, take action, and take that first step.
Enough pep talk from me…. time to practice in your Champion Mindset gym. Have a great workout!
See you tomorrow …. where we work on the muscle: The Power of CHOICE & ACTION – How to get rid of all the excuses that are the biggest cop-out that block your success and convert procrastination into action.